and 23 additional recoveries. Today’s report includes 31 current cases and 1 older case that is newly reported to the health district.
To date, 178,840 tests have been administered in Galveston County.
For more case information, please see the health district’s COVID-19 dashboard at www.gchd.org/coviddashboard. Please note, you can choose to look at case data based on the date the test was collected or the date the test was reported to the health district. Case updates will be published Monday-Saturday at noon.
Galveston County residents must continue working together to slow the spread of coronavirus. Wearing a cloth face covering in public, social distancing at least 6 feet and proper hand hygiene work to slow the spread of this virus.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wear a face covering in public spaces
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze in your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze in your hands.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.